Strictly for grown-ups, this decadent ice cream marries black cherries and Kirsch in a modern twist on the 70s dessert trolley classic.
- 4 x 175g pots Mullerlight Cherry yogurt (or any other Free cherry yogurt)
- 3 level tbsp sweetener
- 110g drained canned black cherries in juice
- 1 tbsp Kirsch
- 150g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 level tsp grated chocolate, to serve (optional)
- Spoon the yogurt into a mixing bowl and stir in sweetener to taste. Transfer the mixture to a large freezerproof container and place in the coldest part of your freezer. Allow to freeze for 1½ hours until the mixture is slushy. Beat well to break up the ice crystals.
- Meanwhile chop the cherries into small pieces, mix in the Kirsch, then cover and chill until required.
- Place the fromage frais in a bowl and add the vanilla essence and cherries and Kirsch, then fold into the ice-cream mixture. Return to the freezer. Beat the mixture two or three more times at 30-40 minute intervals - this helps make a smoother, less icy ice cream. Then cover, seal and freeze until solid.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer around 30 minutes before you want to serve it so it scoops easily. Sprinkle over a little grated chocolate (1½ Syns per level teaspoon) before serving, if you like.