This delicately spiced dish is loaded with Speed food vegetables.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 courgettes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 300g butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 255ml vegetable stock
- 300g dried couscous
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, spices, chilli flakes, vegetables and stock. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large, heat-proof container. Season and pour over boiling water just to cover. Cover with a lid and allow to stand for 10-12 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the lid and fluff up the grains with a fork. Stir through the chopped herbs. Serve with the stew.
Tip: Swap the couscous for foods with S or P symbols and this stew is perfect for Extra Easy SP.